The Cougar Daily

• AP Testing Starts Next Week!
  • Three Coronado Cougars in top 18 for 800m Run in 4A; Xzavier Campos, Parker Davidson, and Eisen Dacus
  • Coronado Wins The Cougar Classic with 99 points!
  • Advanced Acting Showcase moved to May 11th, 2023 @7:00pm

The Cougar Daily

The Cougar Daily

Polls

What do you call them?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Colorado Springs Mayor Yemi Moblade Visits Coronado High School

Mayor+Yemi+stopped+at+Coronado+High+School+on+his+listening+tour.++
Mayor Yemi stopped at Coronado High School on his listening tour.

Mayor Yemi Moblade visited Coronado High School on September 1, 2023, as a stop on his city-wide listening tour. Mayor Moblade invited the entire district community to come and give their opinions on a variety of city issues including city infrastructure, safety, and economic development.

The meeting was organized through different table groups with random community members representing their groups. Each group was given an hour to organize their statements and questions to be given to the mayor through a two-minute presentation. Main criticisms given by Colorado Springs residents included fixing roads, affordable housing, higher city wages, and public transportation improvements.

Mayor Yemi in his finishing speech did his best to answer all questions, ending with this statement: “We cannot fix everything, but I promise we will lean into where it hurts.” After opening formalities, the crowd was released to ask surrounding city officials, including the mayor himself, resounding questions as well as to take pictures and continue introductions.