The Cougar Daily

• AP Testing Starts Next Week!
  • Three Coronado Cougars in top 18 for 800m Run in 4A; Xzavier Campos, Parker Davidson, and Eisen Dacus
  • Coronado Wins The Cougar Classic with 99 points!
  • Advanced Acting Showcase moved to May 11th, 2023 @7:00pm

The Cougar Daily

The Cougar Daily

Polls

What do you call them?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Hoops with the Cougs

On November 28, 2023, Coronado men’s basketball played their home opener against Garden City High School. Coming off a 4-19 season last year, the team has big expectations to improve and grow throughout the season. The Cougar Tip-off is the 3 first games of the season for Coronado High School where they played Garden City High School, Palmer Ridge High School, and Lakewood High School. With no seniors leaving the team this year, Coronado has matured and grown already as a team.Staff

Seth Enoch headed down the court to set up a play. (Erica Merz)

Seth Enoch, Class of 2024, one of the boys’ basketball team captains said, “My goals this season are to be a good facilitator and never have anything less than a -10 plus/minus. As a team, I think our team chemistry is just going to keep getting better because we have all played together for a long time now.”

The tournament scores at Coronado were Garden City 52, and Coronado 58. Palmer Ridge 53, Coronado 51, and Lakewood 44, Coronado 38. Palmer Ridge Finished 1st going 3-0, Lakewood finished 2nd, Coronado High School finished 3rd, and Garden City finished 4th. Coronado’s next home game will be against Cheyenne Mountain on December 12th.