The Cougar Daily

• Coronado State Testing - April 16, juniors arrive at 7:40 and sophomores at 11:30 - April 17, freshman arrive at 7:40 and juniors arrive at 11:30 for CMAS
  • Coronado band receives $35,000 grant to refurbish their band room
  • Juniors/Sophomores take the SAT/PSAT on April 16th, Freshmen take the PSAT and Juniors take the CMAS on April 17.
  • Space Symposium Happening at the Broadmoor Hotel: Space Companies and Organizations Meet from All Over the World to Display What's Happening in the Space Industry and Collaborate

The Cougar Daily

The Cougar Daily

Polls

What do you call them?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Congratulations to Coronado High Schools Scholastic Art Award Winners!

The Scholastic Art & Writing Awards were founded in 1923, making it the longest running and most prestigious art competition in the country. Each year there is a call for entries for each state, and the Gold Key award winners are juried for the national exhibition in New York.

The Colorado Art Awards adjudicates creative works from among the best young artists and writers from around the state. Jurors look for works based on originality, artistic skill, and the emergence of a personal voice or vision. I am proud to announce that Coronado had 3 award recipients.

Devon Bignell was awarded a Gold Key for his ceramic Wave Vase, and a Silver Key for his Tree Tea Set. This is Devon’s third time to exhibit work in the Scholastic show. Meadow Lengerich also received a Gold Key award for her felted sculptures called Biscuit and Mochi. Jessie Weeks received an Honorable Mention for her colored pencil drawing titled Pops and Me. We are looking forward to seeing Jessie in future exhibitions.

Please congratulate our Coronado artists! Scholastic Gold and Silver Key recipients are currently on display at the Denver Art Museum and the 40 West Gallery. The awards ceremony will be held on Saturday, February 17. If you would like gallery passes to see the show, feel free to stop by the Art Department office.